Action Toolbox: A roundup of resources from around the Web!
- Get Screened: Take a Mental Health Test via Mental Health America Free, easy-to-use mental health screenings to guide you along your journey.
- Explore: Useful Types of Psychotherapy for Depression via University of Minnesota This list of 8 treatment modalities includes practical details that can help you learn what might work best for you.
- Listen: How Can We Normalize Talking About Mental Health? a PTA Podcast episode This 24 minute interview with mental health advocate, Alison Raskin, addresses the importance of destigmatizing conversations about mental health.
- Make a Plan: Ways to Calm and Soothe Yourself Written by Rachel Eddins, M.Ed., LPC-S, CGP: This toolkit for self-care during challenging moments provides practical ideas for in-the-moment care and ways to plan ahead.
- Meditate: Short Guided Meditation for Self-Acceptance by Caren Baginski: This 10 minute guided self-acceptance meditation will help you to be kinder toward your reactive mind.
- Support a Loved One: More Than Mood: A Depression Symptoms Toolkit for Families and Caregivers via Families for Depression Awareness Tools to recognize depressive symptoms in your loved ones, and practical tips on how to support them while supporting yourself.
- Empower Yourself: Well Recovery Action Plan (or WRAP) A simple and personal framework that seeks to empower you to “Shape every aspect of your life the way you want it to be; Gain freedom from troubling thoughts, behaviors, or patterns that repeat in your life; Feel empowered in making decisions about your life; Build a strong support network of people and resources to help you reach your goals”. Sign me up!
- For a fee, you can also check out the WRAP Workbook.
- Make a Call: Not sure where to get started? Want help finding resources that work for you? Dial 844-YOU-OKAY? to reach our free, confidential support line for Hillsborough County.