Action Toolbox: A roundup of resources from around the Web
Showing Ourselves Love, Kindness, and Gratitude
- Meet yourself with compassion: Compassion Meditation by Lama Rod Owens This short and accessible meditation (about 3 minutes) is perfect for when you need to receive some love and kindness.
- Empower Yourself: Recognize and Celebrate your Progress This article on building a creative career has relevant advice on honoring any type of personal progress. Be sure to check out the linked video of a talk given by Teresa Amabile at the 99U conference on how our inner work life is what lays the foundation for a productive and creative life.
- Knowing How Far You’ve Come: 8 Tips to Celebrate Your Growth by Joanna Z. Weston If you enjoyed the journal exercise in the newsletter but are seeking more ways to reflect on the work you’ve done, this practical list of tips is a great place to start.
- Be Kind: 87 Ways to Be Kind and Loving from Six Seconds This list is a sweet collection of ways to show kindness to others. While spreading kindness in the world is always a needed and worthy goal, you can also turn many of these towards yourself when you need some support.
- Get Inspired: Celebrate Little-by-Little Progress: What we love about this page from 2020 is the short video where folks give examples of their goals and the progress they’ve made towards them in the first few weeks of the year. These examples show that cultivating intentional habits and celebrating small wins is much more sustainable than shooting for perfection.
- Listen: Eliminate Subconscious Negativity | Remove Mental Blockages Three and a half hours of bi-neural beats meant to eliminate subconscious negativity and remove mental blockages. If you’re new to bi-neural beats, learn more about them here.
- Make a Call: Not sure where to get started? Want help finding resources that work for you? Dial 844-YOU-OKAY? to reach our free, confidential support line for Hillsborough County.